Wednesday, April 14, 2010

El Borachito de FiDi

I picked this guy up on First Avenue and 6th Street about an hour after the bars had closed. He asked to be driven to the corner of Wall and Pearl. I said no problem. He fell asleep early on in the ride and did not wake up. No matter what I did to awaken him at the destination, he would not respond. His breathing was normal, but he was obviously extremely intoxicated. I drove around the block and found two cops who shined flashlights in his eyes and lifted him into an upright position. They waited patiently for about ten minutes while he fumbled around with his wallet and was finally able to swipe his credit card and stumble home. Barely coherent, but visibly embarrassed, he apologized profusely to me and then to the cops. I hope he made it to bed that night (early morning).

PLEASE CHECK OUT MY LATEST DISPATCH ON TIPS FOR HACKS AND PASSENGERS.

IT'S CALLED "HOW A CABBIE WOULD CATCH A CAB"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share input and feedback or Putin backfeed!